Has anyone ever used SureWest in Sacarmanto or in Kansas City area? I am bit worried now that I am switching to them since I can't get a straight answer from them on what you need to plug in to the trunk settings. When I try to explain it to them it's like another language to. I used CBeyond, NexVortex, and VoIP Innovations and all of them give you the basic config file settings you to need to get their service working. With Surewest they sent me this document. Here is how it looks.
SIP Ethernet Handoff Service
Thanks for choosing SureWest Communication SIP Trunking Ethernet Handoff Service. We appreciate your business. Below find some information that will help you set up your service.
1) During the installation process the SureWest Technician should have marked a RJ45 jack for SIP voice service. This is where voice services need to be connected for IP routing and Quality of Service considerations to the SureWest Voice network.
2) SureWest should have supplied a voice IP address, as well as its associated Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP address, in a welcome letter. This IP address is where SureWest is going send voice traffic to.
3) Customers can provision this IP address in a couple of ways. Customers can put this IP Address directly on their SIP enabled PBX. For customers that want to keep their private networks intact, the IP address can be provisioned on an interface on their router or firewall and perform some sort of static Network Address Translation, back to the actual IP address of their SIP enabled PBX.
4) The Customer needs to send their Voice traffic to SureWest’s Session Boarder Controller. The IP address for this device is 172.21.248.10. Once customer’s network is set up in one of the above prescribed methods The SBC IP address should be pingable to test connectivity.
If setting up SureWest provided IP address on Router or Firewall, the SBC IP address 172.21.248.10 as well as 172.21.248.11, need to be allowed through the customers Firewall or Access list.
5) SureWest requires no SIP registration for SIP Trunking service. SureWest will route all the valid voice traffic sent to the Session Boarder Controller by our customers.
6) The customer needs to provision their PBX so that it does not use the P-Asserted Identity field, as this field overwrites the fields SureWest uses for billing and security and will fail the calls. Listed below are some additional provisioning considerations as well.
• SureWest expects and sends 11 digits for Northern American Dialing.
• Customers should send an 11 digit calling party number.
• All International calls should be prefixed with 011.
• At this time SureWest only supports UDP SIP traffic, no TCP.
• RFC 2833 should be turned off.
• SureWest only Supports G711u CODEC at this time
Any help would be great. They can't even tell me if they support Asterisk servers.