FreePBX 2. 8
The 2.8 Feature Set is under evaluation and as tickets are reviewed from the current Cut Line they will be moved into this milestone. Not all tickets listed under the milestone are guaranteed to make it into this release.
Supported Asterisk Version
Our current statistics are showing less than 5% of the installed base of 2.5 - 2.7 systems are using Asterisk 1.2 and the bulk are using 1.4. As a result, this release will not officially support Asterisk 1.2. We will not take out support but we will consider the features set of 1.4+ when making decisions for changes and additions.
- Asterisk 1.2 not officially supported
- Asterisk 1.4 Supported and the mainstream release (based on installed base statistics)
- Asterisk 1.6+ Supported
Features currently under evaluation, not confirmed and this list far from final.
- replace macro-dial + dialparties.agi with macro-dial-one
- current hurdle is lack of official EXTENSION_STATE() function (func_extstate.c) in Asterisk 1.4
- Modernize the internal plumbing of outbound routing and adding some enhancements in the process
- prepend digits ability
- associate route with a Time Group
- more flexible re-ordering of routes
- more intuitive GUI for entering dial patterns
- Trunk internal and cosmetic enhancements
- same more intuitive GUI as Outbound Routes
- deprecate fixlocalprefix AGI in place of dialplan
- Native DAHDI support (vs. current Compatibility Mode)
- Real Company Directory Module
- Many more features - see Closed Feature Request tickets associated with this Milestone