I have a couple of suggestions for Privacy Manager, based on our experience, we have FreePBX 126.96.36.199 with trixbox.
1. We use caller ID lookup on calls with CID to identify customer records for inbound support calls.
We enabled privacy manager on inbound routes for calls without CID, however these calls do not pass through caller ID lookup after the number is entered by caller in privacy manager. These calls show on our phones with "Privacy Manager" followed by the entered number. It would be great if after caller enters number in privacy manager's prompt, the caller id lookup was performed and caller id string setup accordingly.
2. Instead of hacking into system recordings, would it be possible to have a configuration section for Privacy Manager (or possibly multiple privacy managers for multiple trunks?) where we could specify following:
- caller id lookup source for calling numbers entered in privacy manager
- custom recording used for privacy manager announcement (instead of somewhat terse system message)
- number of digits required (we allow zero digits by hacking into privacy.conf file, as we need to cater for customers with phones that do not generate dtmf digts or do not wish to disclose numbers called from)
- number of re-tries
- optional fallback destination for failed attempts to enter calling number in privacy manager ?
These are desired options from user's perspective, I am not sure how difficult it would be to implement these. If it seems not worth implementing the above suggestions, perhaps someone could suggest how to hack into the system to