If you’re looking to get a phone system set up quickly with the best practices laid out by the Sangoma Engineering Staff, then look no further. The FreePBX/PBXact “Up and Running Peace of Mind Plan” has you covered in five easy steps!
Step 1: Obtain FreePBX or PBXact
Option 1: Purchase a FreePBX or PBXact certified appliance. The system will come with FreePBX or PBXact pre-installed and ready for you to start configuring.
Option 2: Purchase hosting from a certified FreePBX hosting partner. FreePBX is installed and ready to provision in a matter of minutes.
Option 3: Install FreePBX on your own hardware and follow the “Getting Started Wiki” to install a base of the FreePBX Distro. You can also consider purchasing licenses for PBXact.
Step 2: Choose Your Telephony Options
Preferred Option: Set up VoIP service with SIPStation.com. SIPStation will provide you the tightest integration with the FreePBX platform and world-class features to keep your business connected.
- If using traditional analog or digital connections, you can purchase Digium or Sangoma PSTN cards, which will be pre-installed if purchased with a FreePBX appliance from Sangoma. They can also be configured by our staff if you are providing your own hardware. Contact the Sangoma Sales Department if you need assistance choosing PSTN Cards.
- Purchase a supported Digium, Sangoma or Obihai business class gateway if you are looking to utilize your existing analog or digital (T1, PRI, BRI) connections with one of our certified FreePBX hosting partners, or as an option for use with your own hardware. Certified gateways are available in the Sangoma Portal.
Step 3: Acquire Endpoints
- Choose from any tested, supported and certified FreePBX Endpoints, many of which are available directly in the Sangoma Portal. Purchasing hardware directly from the FreePBX project helps fund ongoing development, and we thank you for considering us for your hardware purchases.
- If you will be utilizing softphones, we recommend Bria Cloud Services for mobiles, tablets and desktops. The Bria clients are tightly integrated with FreePBX, and for just a few dollars per month will provide both system administrators and end users the best mobile experience (trust us, no one wants to manually enter a 32-digit extension password on a smartphone.)
Step 4: Purchase Required Licensing and the Up and Running POMPs
- Purchase SysAdmin Pro and End Point Manager for your PBX. All FreePBX hosting and PBXact customers already come licensed for these modules while others will need to purchase licenses from the Sangoma Portal.
Step 5: Engage the Sangoma Professional Support Team
- See your completed invoice for information on how to open an “Up and Running” support ticket in the online Sangoma support center.
- Your assigned support engineer will send you a simple site survey form and schedule a setup consultation call to review the site survey prior to implementation of the system.
Included with Up and Running Setup:
- Telephony Configuration of 1 SIP Trunk, 1 Analog Digital Card or 1 Gateway.
- Up to 20 Extensions
- Up to 20 Inbound Routes (DID/Phone Number Destination Routing)
- Up to 4 Outbound Routes (Example: Emergency, Long Distance, International and Local)
- 1 Call Flow Control
- 1 Time Condition/Time Group
- 2 IVRs with a Maximum of 5 Destinations Each