Dear FreePBX users,
The Engineering team is excited to announce a significant recent upgrade to our FreePBX Mirror infrastructure. We have successfully migrated and enhanced the FreePBX Mirror services to our new public cloud infrastructure. Over the past few weeks, the new Mirror infrastructure has been operating flawlessly, and we are extremely pleased with its performance.
Here are the key highlights of the new FreePBX Mirror infrastructure:
- High Availability: To ensure uninterrupted service, we have deployed multiple mirror node instances. If one node experiences any issues, the traffic will seamlessly be redirected to other nodes, mitigating against outages.
- High Performance: Our new infrastructure incorporates a high-performance load balancer node that efficiently manages the traffic across multiple mirror node instances. This architecture enables us to handle increased traffic throughput and provides resilience. Moreover, this deployment allows for horizontal scaling, meaning we can add more mirror nodes in real-time to enhance throughput and capacity when needed.
- Highly Scalable: Scaling the mirror nodes can be easily accomplished whenever the need arises. Additionally, we have implemented a managed database service for the Mirror DB, which facilitates easy scaling and maintenance of the DB cluster.
- Monitoring: We have deployed a proactive cloud monitoring and alerting system to ensure continuous performance monitoring of the new Mirror infrastructure. This setup enables us to promptly identify and address any potential performance degradation.
- Backups: As part of our managed DB service, we perform daily backups to ensure service continuity in the event of a disaster. Additionally, we have replicated FreePBX data, such as module packages, sound files, endpoint manager firmware files, and other FreePBX data, across each instance of the mirror nodes.
High-Level Deployment Topology:
With the successful upgrade and modernization of the FreePBX Mirror infrastructure, we plan to migrate additional FreePBX ecosystem infrastructure to our new public cloud infrastructure in the near future. Stay tuned for more updates!
The FreePBX Team