We are very pleased to announce the release of a new module named “SMS Plus” to enhance the SMS functionality in FreePBX/PBXact.
This module provides the following functionalities:
- SMS Blocking
- Integration with the Blacklist module allows the PBX users to block any abusive users and add their caller-ID to the Blacklist module.
- PBX Users can use the UCP SMS/Chat window to block any User/DID.
- We can also block the user for SMS/Text directly from the Blacklist module.
- We added new configuration options i.e. Block type which can be set to Call, SMS or both.
- Once the abusive user is blocked, they will not know that they have been blocked and you will not receive any messages from them. Also, the Sender won’t be allowed to send messages to the blocked User/DID.
- Block SMS Logs – For all caller-IDs added in the Blacklist module, whenever we receive an SMS from one of those blacklisted users, that SMS will be logged.
- SMS Reports
- Generates an SMS report to capture incoming and outgoing SMS records. This is the same as CDR reports for calls, so this report can be used for monitoring SMS transactions.
- All SMS deleted by any user will also be visible in this report for admin monitoring purposes.
- We can download the generated report in XML, JSON, CSV, TXT, SQL, and MS-Excel formats.
This module is free to use, but it requires your FreePBX/PBXact to have an active subscription of Sangoma’s SIPstation or VI Communication Services with SMS functionality.
PBXact/FreePBX 15 – 15.0.1
PBXact/FreePBX 16 – 16.0.1
Please provide feedback by either raising issues on this commercial module via a Support ticket or submit feature requests or improvements to enhance this module’s functionality.
Read more about this new module on our wiki.
Thank you for using FreePBX/PBXact!